All IPP training sessions are open to the public and FREE to anyone interested in learning more about the threat of invasive aquatic plants in Maine. Pre-registration required for all workshops.
IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description>>
If arriving by land, please consider arriving up to a half-hour early, to unload your boat and ready your gear.
Date, Time – County, Location
• Fri. June 30, 9AM to 12PM – Franklin County, Webb Lake in Weld
• Tue. July 18, 9AM to 12PM – Cumberland County, Moose Pond in Bridgton
• Thu. July 20, 9AM to 12PM – Lincoln County, Pemaquid Pond in Nobleboro
• Sat. July 22, 9:30AM to 12:30PM – Cumberland County, Runaround Pond in Durham (An L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery School Meetup)
Tue. Aug 1, 10AM to 1PM – Cumberland County, Watchic Lake in Standish
Thu. Aug 3, 9AM to 12PM* Piscataquis Cty, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
• Sat. Aug 5, 9AM to 12PM – Oxford County, Lake Anasagunticook in Canton
• Sat. Aug 12, 9AM to 12PM – Hancock County, Craig Brook Fish Hatchery, Alamoosook Lake in Orland
• Wed. Aug 16, 9AM to 12PM – Washington County, Lake Meddybemps in Meddybemps
• Sat, Sep 9, 9AM – 12PM – Hancock County, Somes Meynell Wildlife Sanctuary, Somes Pond in Mount Desert
* The Aug 3 Plant Paddle is being offered in conjunction with a Courtesy Boat Inspection (CBI) training session. (Please see the Aug 3 CBI workshop listing below). The IPP Plant Paddle is 3-hrs-long; the CBI training is 2-hrs-long. The two sessions overlap by one hour. Attend one session, the other, or both!
To register for a Plant Paddle workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
Invasive Plant Patrol 101 – workshop description >>
Satisfies requirement for IPP Certification
Date, Time – County, Location
• Fri. June 16, 10AM to 4PM – York County, Anderson Learning Ctr. in Springvale
• Tue. June 27, 10AM to 4PM – Kennebec County, Winthrop Town Office in Winthrop
• Fri. July 7, 9:30AM to 3:30PM – Franklin County, Camp Kawanhee in Weld
Tue. July 11, 9AM to 3PM – Cumberland County, Standish Town Hall
• Sat. July 15, 1PM to 7PM – Hancock County, Moore Community Center in Ellsworth
• Tue. July 25, 9AM to 3PM – Cumberland County, Maine Lake Science Center in Bridgton
Sat. Aug 19, 9AM to 3PM – Oxford County, Honey Run Campground in Peru
• Wed. Aug 23, 10AM to 4PM – Androscoggin County, Center for Citizen Lake Science in Auburn
To register for an IPP 101 workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Field Workshops – workshop description>>
IPP Manual Control Workshops – workshop description>>
- Tues. June 20, Manual Control Part 1, 8:30AM – 5PM (Registration opens at 8AM) – Kennebec County, Gardiner Sportsmen’s Club, Gardiner
- Thurs. June 22, Manual Control Part 2, 10AM – 3PM – Kennebec County, Gardiner Sportsmen’s Club, Gardiner
Click here to view the 2017 Manual Control workshop flyer
Click here to view the agenda for Manual Control Part 1
Click here to view the agenda for Manual Control Part 2
Click here to view the optional Lunch Menu
To register for one or both Manual Control workshops, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Advanced Plant ID – workshop description>>
With optional Plant ID Proficiency Certification exam
• Thurs. August 10, 10AM to 3PM – York County, Acton Town Hall
To register for the Advanced ID workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
Courtesy Boat Inspector Training – workshop description>>
• Thu. Aug 3, 11AM – 1PM** – Piscataquis County, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
** The Aug 3 CBI training is being offered in conjuntion with an IPP Plant Paddle. (Please see the Aug 3 IPP Plant Paddle listing, above.) Attend one training session, the other, or both!
IPP Custom Training – TBA
Invasive Plant Patrol: Train-the-Trainer Workshops
Volunteer Leadership is an important component of building a state-wide monitoring program. Our Train-the-Trainer Workshops help volunteers interested in taking on a larger role in their lake community to gain the experience and resources necessary for success.
For more information about IPP Leadership training offerings, visit our Volunteer Leadership Training Page.
IPP Leaders’ Roundtable – workshop description >>
TBA, Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring Street, Auburn – Androscoggin Community Room, Ground Floor
IPP View Scope Clinic – workshop description >>
TBA – VLMP Lakes Center, 24 Maple Hill Road, Auburn
How to Lead an IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description >>
Friday, March 3rd, 2017 – Maine Milfoil Summit; USM L/A campus, Lewiston