This is the preliminary schedule for the 2018 season. Missing information (e.g. start time, specific location) will be added as it becomes available, so please check back!
All IPP training sessions are open to the public and FREE to anyone interested in learning more about the threat of invasive aquatic plants in Maine. Pre-registration required for all workshops.
IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description>>
If arriving by land, please consider arriving up to a half-hour early, to unload your boat and ready your gear.
Date, Time – County, Location
• Tue. July 10, TBA – Kennebec County, Messalonskee Lake in Belgrade
• Thu. July 12, TBA – Hancock County, Flanders Pond in Sullivan
• Thu. July 19, TBA – Waldo County, Lake St. George in Liberty
• Tue. July 24, TBA – Cumberland County, Woods Pond in Bridgton
• Thu. July 26, TBA – Oxford County, Bickford Pond in Porter
• Sat. August 4, TBA – Oxford County, Worthley Pond in Peru
• Tue. August 7, TBA – Oxford County, TBA in Lovell
• Sat. August 18, TBA* – Piscataquis County, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
• Tue. August 21, TBA – Kennebec County, China Lake in China
• Tue. August 28, TBA – Cumberland County, Highland Lake in Bridgton
* The Aug. 18 Plant Paddle is being offered in conjunction with a Courtesy Boat Inspection (CBI) training session (please see the Aug. 18 CBI workshop listing below). The IPP Plant Paddle is 3 hrs long; the CBI training is 2 hrs long. The two sessions overlap by one hour. Attend one session, the other, or both!
To register for a Plant Paddle workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
Invasive Plant Patrol 101 – workshop description >>
Satisfies requirement for IPP Certification
Date, Time – County, Location
• Tue. June 19, TBA – Kennebec County, TBA in Mt. Vernon
• Thu. June 28, TBA – York County, TBA
• Fri. July 13, TBA – Hancock County, Town Office in Sullivan
• Thu. August 2, TBA – Cumberland County, Lake Sci. Ctr. in Bridgton
• Sat. Aug 11, TBA – Washington County, Meddybemps Comm. Ctr. in Meddybemps
To register for an IPP 101 workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Field Workshops – workshop description>>
IPP Advanced Plant ID – workshop description>>
With optional Plant ID Proficiency Certification exam
• Wed. August 15, TBA – Androscoggin County, TBA in Auburn area
To register for the Advanced ID workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
Courtesy Boat Inspector Training – workshop description>>
• Sat. August 18, TBA** – Piscataquis County, Lower Wilson Pond in Greenville
** The Aug. 18 CBI training is being offered in conjunction with an IPP Plant Paddle (please see the Aug 18 IPP Plant Paddle listing, above). Attend one training session, the other, or both!
To register for the CBI Training workshop, please visit our Registration Page.
IPP Custom Training – TBA
Invasive Plant Patrol: Train-the-Trainer Workshops
Volunteer Leadership is an important component of building a state-wide monitoring program. Our Train-the-Trainer Workshops help volunteers interested in taking on a larger role in their lake community to gain the experience and resources necessary for success.
For more information about IPP Leadership training offerings, visit our Volunteer Leadership Training Page.
IPP Leaders’ Roundtable – workshop description >>
Thursday, April 26, 2018 : Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring Street, Auburn – Androscoggin Community Room, Ground Floor
IPP View Scope Clinic – workshop description >>
Friday, June 8th, 2018 – VLMP Lakes Center, 24 Maple Hill Road, Auburn
How to Lead an IPP Plant Paddle – workshop description >>
Friday, March 2nd, 2018 – Maine Milfoil Summit; USM L/A campus, Lewiston
Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 – Webinar session